Saturday, June 20, 2009

Turkey in Turkey....






Exploring the cuisine of Turkey brings some rich experiences! Even the buses provide snacks and tea!!! It's all wonderfully epicur-ing for my ailing back!!! (or at least the front is being stabilized!!)
Around every corner is another surprise, and a host of helpful (though non English speaking) hosts to usher you along the way. Have I said enough about Turkish hospitality yet!? Not knowing the language doesn't seem to be as big an issue as I feared....everyone here is anxious to care for you. If I sit down....food and tea are immediately brought out from a local shop or??? The burek photos are from a small shop off the square where I intended to catch a local bus to another village. The owner served me soup for breakfast, and invited me to return that evening for "spirits". Though I haven't been leered at for years, I detected a hint of one (a memory from a distant past)...as his smile seemed to last a little too long, and his dark eyes twinkled with hidden agendas! However, my breakfast soup (lentil/tomato/yoghurt-mint)was perfect, and I think I'm accommodating to the turkish tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment